Monday, April 7, 2008

Day 1 - Cantonese style fish en papillote

Aye, its always tough to make a start. I made myself accountable by counting calories on Calorieking.com.au. Counting calories is always depressing business, so is eating clean. Bah!

So I'm trying to adopt a Body for Life style diet. I have never been terribly impressed with the recipes in the book due to their excessive use of processed Americanised ingredients and sweetener.

The principles are good though, so I am using the principles but altering the recipes in a healthier manner using fresh, non-processed ingredients commonly found in Australia.

First night is always a bit of a shock to the system. Tonight, I did a modified Cantonese style steamed fish using the en papillote method.

Cantonese style fish en papillote

One piece 200g white fish fillet (I used a frozen piece and thawed it overnight in the foil envelope)
2 tsp light soy
1 tsp tablespoon dark soy
2 tbsp chicken stock
1 tbsp spring onion thinly sliced
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 clove garlic chopped finely
1 tsp sesame oil

Mixed all the ingredients, dump it in a folded aluminium foil envelope, put in fish fillet and seal packet.

Bake at 180C for 20 min.

Calories: 243
Fat: 9.9g
Protein: 33.3g
Carb: 5.8g

No comments: